- Complete the application for the renewal of the trademark or the certification of use between the 5th and 6th year of registration as a special form.
- Report of the presentation of the renewal of the brand.
- Answer the actions related to the registration process.
- Sending the certificate after approval.
What must the customer provide?
- Complete information, both the owner of the brand and its representative.
- Signed letter authorizing us to carry out the requested steps.
- Evidence of the use of the trademark or its intention to use it.
- IMPORTANT: The registration fee varies from $ 125 to $ 725 per class.
- IMPORTANT: Payment for registration is the responsibility of the client and he must provide us with the information of the card from which the debit will be made.
- IMPORTANT: If the client does not have a card to make the debit, we will send him an invoice through paypal which will include a service charge equivalent to 10% of the government cost.
We do not guarantee final approval of the trademark application. Approval rests exclusively with the corresponding government entities. Prices do not include fees and costs charged by third parties or government entities and do not include legal fees. Prices do not include legal representation.
All the evidence to prove the use or the intention to use the trademark will always be provided by the client, as well as the payment for registration.
Important USPTO Note:
Once an application has matured to register, you must timely submit all required maintenance documents and continue to use the trademark in commerce (or demonstrate that special circumstances exist to excuse non-use of the trademark) with the products or services. in the registry to keep the federal trademark registration alive.
Between the 5th and 6th year of registration, you must file a Section 8 statement. A Section 8 statement is a signed statement submitted by the trademark owner that: (1) the trademark is used in trade with the products or services listed in the registry; or (2) the trademark is not used in commerce due to special circumstances that justify the lack of use. The fee for filing a Section 8 return is $ 125 per class of goods or services on record.
The USPTO will continue to accept Section 8 returns for up to six months after the expiration date during a period called a grace period. Affidavits or statements during the grace period must include an additional fee of $ 100 per class of goods or services.
Between the ninth and tenth year after registration, you must file a combined statement of use and / or excusable non-use and a renewal application under Sections 8 and 9 (combined filing). The USPTO forms combine the Section 8 declaration with the Section 9 renewal application. A Section 9 renewal application is a written request to keep your registration active. The fee for filing a combined Section 8 return and Section 9 renewal application is $ 425 per class of goods or services on file.
A combined submission filed during the grace period must include an additional fee of $ 200 per class of goods or services. The fee includes a grace period fee of $ 100 per class of goods or services for Section 8, as well as a grace period fee of $ 100 per class of goods or services for the renewal of Section 9.
A combined Section 8 return and the Section 9 renewal application must be filed every ten years calculated from the date of registration. If you do not submit the necessary maintenance documents, the registration will be canceled or expire. The deadline for submitting maintenance documents is established by law and cannot be waived or extended. If your registration is canceled, your only recourse is to submit a new application with a new application fee.