Collection Agency License

What includes?


  • Filing and Payment in the Department of Consumer Affairs of the application for the Collection Agency License.
  • Certification of filing returns with the Department of the Treasury.
  • Certification of Debts before the Department of the Treasury.
  • Certification of Filing Returns of the IVU before the Department of the Treasury.
  • Certification of IVU debts before the Department of the Treasury.
  • Certification of Debts before the Administration for the Support of Minors (ASUME).
  • Negative Certification of Personal Property Debts of the CRIM.
  • Certification of Debt Negative for Unemployment or Disability Insurance Contribution Concept.
  • Register of Merchants and Businesses of Puerto Rico, in the Commerce and Exportation Company.
  • Certificate of Good Standing from the Department of State (if necessary).


What should the client provide?


  • Complete information, both personal and business.
  • Declaration of fulfillment of responsibilities to consumers.
  • Copy of a photo ID.
  • 2x2 portrait
  • Certificate of Registration of the Department of State.
  • Certified copy of the Deed of Constitution of the Company or of the Certificate and Articles of Incorporation.
  • Copy of the most recent bank reconciliation of the firm's trading accounts and the funds belonging to the clients.
  • Letter (s) authorizing the Department to verify the aforementioned accounts. This should inform the name of the banking institution, and the address of the office or branch, and the numbers of the accounts.
  • List with name and address of the firms (clients) that were given service during the last year.
  • Copy of Financial Statements of the last year.
  • Letters authorizing creditors to give references about my credit.
  • Three letters of personal recommendations and three of credit references.
  • Merchant registration.
  • Use Permit
  • Municipal Patent.
  • Contract of lease or deed of the property.
  • Criminal record.
  • Original Deposit of $ 5,000 issued by an Insurance Company.
  • Copy of the water, electricity or telephone service receipt evidencing the physical address.
  • Signed letter that authorizes to carry out the requested steps.

Collection Agency License